mercredi 16 mars 2016

Exterior Painting


Painting Companies In NJ

My process for Maintaining exterior repainting or restaining is as Follows.

Before I begin, I remove the storm windows.  

Next, I scrape Any loose or cracked paint, stain, caulk, window glazing, and other materials. I Identify areas in need of repair and Likely causes of the various paint failures. For instance, if paint is peeling off in sheets on the outside of a bathroom wall, I would think That moisture from the bathroom May-have Caused the failure. a fan wind May be in order. HOWEVER, if paint is peeling off in strips Uniformly and the lap siding boards in wood-have-been caulked Where They overlap (a common mistake in house painting) the caulk must be removed. The siding must be reliable to "breath" out water vapor trapped in the house. If the paint peeled hAS immaturely, as in the case of isolated or systemic related moisture peeling, I feather the edges between the bare wood and the paint with a sander to Reduce the visual impact of the transition and Ensure optimal adhesion.  

Second, I replace or repair siding or trim as Necessary and recommend exchange, Where applicable`, to better protect the Deteriorated areas in the future.  

Third, I wash every area of the house. For this step, I use detergent, bleach, and scrub brush HAS. I do not use a power washer. I strongly prefer the control, thoroughness, and limited by saturation offered a house by hand washing. Water and dirt are not forced into the wood, ALLOWING faster drying, less damage to wood fibers, a closer inspection process, and a cleaner house.  

Once the moisture meter indicates that the house is dry enough to accept paint Appropriately, I begin priming. I prime all areas or parts DEPENDING on the status of the house.  

After priming, glazing compound I apply if restoring original windows.  

Next, I brush two coats on the trim and windows. Finally, I roll out and brush on two coats on the siding. I brush out paint Because, in my experience, It Seems to Provide the best coverage with the least Unnecessary paint build up , the best adhesion and, in my opinion, the best appearance possible.  

Last, I wash the window sashes, storm panes and screens, make repairs Any Necessary replacements gold, and put the storm windows back in.  
Orginal Author: 
http://janemcclintock.blogspot.com/2012/02/exterior-painting.html

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire